Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My screen keeps reverting back to portrait since new update

(Topic created on: 23-10-2021 07:27 AM)
Kelly
Journeyman
Options
Since the latest update when I watch Sky go or Netflix my phone will only work on landscape for 5 minutes then reverts back to portrait.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
What a pain but at least it's sorted it 👍
descentered
Explorer
Options

I have exactely the same problem witam my galaxy s10plus. Any other solution except for hard reset??

0 Likes
m1
First Poster
Options
Same problem, even does it..with sat nav and minimises as well, bit dangerous to reset when driving, all since the update
0 Likes
descentered
Explorer
Options

indeed,  same happens with google maps navi. I have noticed that some applications  (eg. hbo go) don't go back to portrait but there is a black screen appearing for 1 sec.

0 Likes
Kelly
Journeyman
Options
Full reset works but be careful to back everything up.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
No sorry only way I know it what I said to Kelly above
0 Likes
Manning7299
Student
Options
I also have this, started happening since the last update several months ago. I'm absolutely gutted to hear that factory reset is the only option. Thanks Samsung.
0 Likes
H4RFY
Journeyman
Options
I'm having the same issue. I've tried all sorts of things like disabling sensors, didn't work. I've trawled various forums, no answers. Only thing I did see was someone was able to get it fixed on live support. They took the phone over and did something (not a full reset) so I'd love to know what that was.
0 Likes
Solution
descentered
Explorer
Options

So the solution was finally found and it works! Go to Settings->Apps->tap the three vertical dots on top right corner->special access->appear on top. And here disable all applications. It works and so far I have not experienced any issues with the Phone. It could be that the problem was caused by one application, but I disabled all. Please let know if it worked for you as well! Cheers

H4RFY
Journeyman
Options
Yes, you beauty!! This has done the trick. Clearly one of the apps was trying to control the phone causing it to glitch. If only Samsung could have sorted this themselves 😁