Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Links not working in various apps

(Topic created on: 19-11-2021 09:04 AM)
banjoboy96
Journeyman
Options

This issue was present for me throughout the OneUI 4 beta but seems to have made its way into the stable build. In apps like Facebook and Instagram, tapping on links which should open in a browser does nothing at all. This behaviour is the same regardless of the "Open supported links" setting for each app being on or off. It also doesn't seem to be specifically related to apps that have an in-app browser, as LinkedIn is able to open links in a lightweight browser with no issues.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
banjoboy96
Journeyman
Options

Just an update - I resolved this by backing up my phone using Smart Switch, then factory resetting and restoring from the backup. A real pain to have to go through but it did at least solve the problem!

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that should resolve the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition S21' and you should find what you are looking for 🙂. Hope this helps! 😎
banjoboy96
Journeyman
Options

I've already tried this while I was trying to solve another issue (various apps crashing and refusing to open) but it didn't solve either of these problems. Desperately trying to avoid a factory reset and the rigmarole of setting up all my apps, authenticators, etc. again...

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Ok, try taking it to a local phone repair shop and they should be able to give a quick diagnosis, on what the actual problem is. Then, you can decide if you want Samsung to repair it or the repair shop. Hope this helps! 😀
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
If you haven't already, download the Good Guardians app from the Galaxy Store, and install the Galaxy App Booster and run it, hopefully that helps; had it pointed out to me on another thread.
banjoboy96
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately I've already tried this, when trying to solve the app crashing issue I mentioned earlier, and it didn't help 😞
illEez
Voyager
Options
Got this from a Web search:

"If you can't open links on Android apps, make sure to check in-app settings, reinstall the app, or inspect in-app permissions. If that doesn't help, clearing cache and data from essential Google Services or reinstalling WebView should resolve the issue"

Good luck
0 Likes
Zesousapt
First Poster
Options

Anyone found a solution? For Facebook on privacy you have a option to external links and worked, but for Instagram nothing mention here worked, can't open any external link. 

0 Likes
ronnie12
Explorer
Options
Its doesn't
0 Likes
Solution
banjoboy96
Journeyman
Options

Just an update - I resolved this by backing up my phone using Smart Switch, then factory resetting and restoring from the backup. A real pain to have to go through but it did at least solve the problem!

0 Likes