Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUNE UPDATE BLOCKS BAND SELECTION

(Topic created on: 18-06-2022 09:42 AM)
jvk
Voyager
Options
Having waited so long for the June update to reach my S21 Ultra in UK, disappointed to notice that Band Selection no longer seems to work because of it. Is this expected to be permanent or will it be reinstated in next update? If it is permanent, why?

4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The app probably needs to be modified to account for the update changes. It would be a good idea to give the developers some feedback although they should be aware.
0 Likes
jvk
Voyager
Options
Thanks. As suggested, I have contacted the developer and await a response.
NetworkTechGuy
Apprentice
Options

Reading the Reddit post the developer of the app wrote it seams like it's up to Samsung to bring this feature back.

An alternative way to bring up the band selection menu is to use the app Activity Launcher. At least up until the May 2022 update this worked. When searching for "hidden" in the App the first result for me is an activity called "com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui.hiddennetworksetting.MainActivity" which is part of the Call settings app (not the normal Call app).

With the May 2022 Update there are a total of 50 activities part of the Call settings app.

It would be interesting to know how many activities the Call settings app has with the June 2022 update and if this activity still exists (maybe under a different name).

lee815
Pathfinder
Options

Dam If I had known this I wouldn't have updated. This is last time I will update early. Bring the feature back Samsung or this will be the last Samsung phone i'll buy