Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record a video at 240fps that outputs a video at 240fps?

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 09:25 PM)
BobbyBrown
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I've upgraded to the S21 5G from an S8.

With the S8, it records at 240 fps when put in slow motion mode.  Let's say i record 5 seconds of action, the video is 5 seconds long with a frame rate of 240 fps.

With the S21 5G, i put it in slow motion mode to record at 240 fps.  Let's say i record 5 seconds of action, the video ends up at 40 seconds long with a frame rate of 30 fps.  And there is absolutely no indication that the video was recorded at 240fps.

It's the same with the super slow motion mode but at 960fps.

I mainly record slow motion video to record fast events that start and finish within a fraction of a second.  Sometimes i actually count the number of frames to find how long it took for an event to happen.  Eg. Today i was timing events in the 20-70ms range - still using my S8 for it at the moment because i don't have faith in the S21 yet.

Since the videos end up at 30fps with no indication of the capture speed, i don't see how my future self will be able to figure out what fps a slow motion video was recorded at several months after recording unless i'm very dedicated and rename the video to include the fps setting.

Is there a method to record at 240fps with a resulting video at 240fps?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
StarCat
First Poster
Options

Were you able to find a solution for this matter? I have a problem with being unable to send videos like I used to on whatsapp, videos are sent but with no sound... The workaround is to open said video through the feature "create a video" and save it that way... then you can send it but guess what? Its original 72 fps is criminally chopped down to 30 fps.

0 Likes