Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s21 echo

(Topic created on: 02-01-2022 12:56 AM)
John C
First Poster
Options

It's a shame I paid $1,100.00 for a Galaxy S21 and the only was I can make a phone call is by putting it in safe mode due to extreme echo heard by people on other end of call. I despise IPhone's but have no other choice.

6 REPLIES 6
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Try wiping partition cache or at worst a factory reset
https://youtu.be/T2HkEa94FRk
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try below
Go Settings - Apps
Look for Bixby Service
Storage
And just clear the cache

Bixby uses the mic also
And see if that helps
Resolves the echo
Also check mic on phone
Is clear no tissue dust etc
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @John C   you may wish to try the Diagnostic test, in  particular for the microphone see more information here https://www.samsung.com//support/answer/  If that and clearing Bixby cache does not help then would certainly suggest you  firstly wipe the cache partition and perform a factory reset if all else fails.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Jb401
First Poster
Options

I ended up having the same issue. Clearing cache and resetting Bixby did not help. What I ended up doing was from top of phone pull down. Then click media output. I noticed the "this phone" option was all the way up. I slid all the way to the left and that seemed to have solve my issue. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jb401  Thank you for your input,  as well you checked.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Eeyore0274
First Poster
Options

It seems this is a large issue. There are several threads on it.  I, too, cannot use my phone on speaker AT ALL because of the echo. Bixby is disabled, and phone output is only at the bottom setting.  I empty my cache regularly. Factory resetting it does nothing except re-enable Bixby, and I'm not doing it again.  I have had numerous Samsung phones over the years. I am HORRIBLY disappointed in the s21. I should have stuck with my s10... at least it worked.

0 Likes