Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finger Print recognition

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 06:47 AM)
Wobdot
Pathfinder
Options
Has anyone had a problem with this, until the last update all was well, never had a problem, updated S21 plus on Monday and now it won't recognise my fingerprint, so annoying.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AlexGbr
Pioneer
Options
try to clean where is the fingerprint also if not working properly a reset might help you strange new phones shouldn't have those problems or.maybe is because your finger is sweating just saying 😉
0 Likes
Wobdot
Pathfinder
Options
thanks, never had a problem with my last phone S10 plus. By the way don't get sweaty fingers
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Scan the same finger 4 times. Working well here.
0 Likes
Wobdot
Pathfinder
Options
As I said I have no problems until the last update, as far as I know my fingerprint hasn't changed
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Try deleting your fingerprint data and registering again. Sometimes the data becomes corrupted with updates.
0 Likes
Colshie
Navigator
Options
mine was perfect and worked every time but have noticed that after the update it might fail on the 1st attempt....no sweat in sight but the ski gloves could be a problem....🤣
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Mines working fantastic on all 4 fingers. Its noticeably better than the S20 Ultra I have from last year and much faster than any on screen fingerprint I own.
0 Likes
Mook79
First Poster
Options
I had an s10 and s20. I now have the s21. I have done exactly the same on all three regarding fingerprint setup. I had little to no issues with the first two handsets, but the s21 is really disappointing so far. I really hope this can be resolved in a firmware upgrade. It seems logical to register the same finder 4 times, but I dont think I should have to compromise to that level. Technology should improve, not go backwards.