Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Equaliser Disabling

(Topic created on: 10-01-2022 10:51 PM)
AeJae
Apprentice
Options
Every now and again when using Bluetooth devices, changing the volume completely switches off my my custom equaliser. It's extremely noticeable and makes music sound significantly worse. This can be fixed by turning the display off and back on and then changing the volume - it then goes back to my custom equaliser properly.

Not sure why this is happening. I'm on an S21 on One UI 4.0.
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, what app or apps are you using? What do you mean by custom equaliser? Is this a regular app or something you've coded? Is this integral with your music app

If you can provide more information, we may be able to help.
0 Likes
AeJae
Apprentice
Options
Any app that plays audio, YouTube, Netflix, YT Music, Chrome, whatever it might be, so it's definitely an OS wide issue as opposed to an app. It's the built in equaliser in Settings > Sound and vibration > Sound quality and effects > Equaliser.

Like I said when it happens it basically just disables it. I haven't actually checked what it says in the settings there when it happens, I'll do that next time it does though. Just turning the display off and back on then changing volume brings it all back.
DanielMW
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I know this is an old topic but I face the same issue when using spotify through a Bluetooth device specially Android Auto. So I set the phone equalizer to a custom setting and you can clearly hear the change, but the equalizer won't stay, so as soon as I exit the equalizer option it will revert to flat (no mater you see the custom eq selected). The way to make it work again is by briefly adjusting any eq setting and it will take it again. In order to keep the setting running while playing is by keeping open the eq option. 

Any ideas of what causes the eq not to stay? Thanks

0 Likes
AeJae
Apprentice
Options
Hey, no sorry I have no idea. Never actually got it resolved. Are you on One UI 5 though? I haven't had this issue at all for ages now that I think about it but I haven't changed anything except updating the OS. There's a workaround though in that Spotify does have its own EQ in the settings but I have no experience with android auto so not sure if it still applies to that.
0 Likes
KenLaurente
First Poster
Options

I'm using One UI Ocre ver. 5.1 Android ver. 13 and I've noticed that the Samsung Equalizer is gone? Is it for real or some Version glitch? Will wait for the feedback, thanks!

0 Likes