Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue tooth device selection

(Topic created on: 14-01-2022 08:02 PM)
DeanAOA
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone. 

Hope someone can help here. I have recently swapped to samsung from  Huawei p30 Pro to a Samsung s21 ultra. The Samsung is far far better at most things! But I have an issue when using any Bluetooth devices. I have a Huawei gt2 watch and the pro earbuds which connect without any issues, I also have a jabra visor handsfree unit that I only bought the other day to see if it would cure my issue. 

So in the past with my p30 if I got in the car and initiated a call the phone would connect to my earbuds as that is what I was using them for.  Never my watch! Now with the s21 I initiate a call it goes into silent mode then I have to choose which device I want to use. I.e. either my watch, earbuds or jabra visor unit. As you can imagine this is very frustrating while driving where before it would be just a couple of interactions to make a call it is now several. 1 wake phone

2 select contact

3 select sim

4 wait for call 

5 press device blutooth option

6 oh bugger! just hit a pump and pressed watch by mistake

7 start shouting at phone because person has answered but I cannot hear them due to driving and don't want to keep arm up by my ear to hear them

8 reselect device.

9 eventually connect to jabra visor clip and sit complaining about this shitty Samsung that makes me select something that all my other phones did automatically even while wearing my watch.

This happens on every call I make so if on the way home I make 4 calls the above happens everything.

All I want to do is be able to turn of the dual bluetooth option on calling or tell it there is a default device. But why on all other phones this was never an issue I will probably ly never know.

Hope someone knows a work around.

Kind regards

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Skybiz
Pathfinder
Options
You haven't stated what car you are trying to connect to. I have a 66 plate Honda Civic which connects to the entertainment system without any problems, even though it is only Android 4.04. The only problem that I have is that I have to manually import the address book every time.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can create a Bixby routine so your connection to your selected Bluetooth device.
0 Likes
DeanAOA
First Poster
Options

Hi thanks for replying.

I am not trying to connect to my car as it does not have that facility. I use a jabra visor mount bluetooth unit. I also jump from car to car so do not want it to connect in that way. My issue is that it does not automatically connect to one or the other device and I have to choose each time even if I initiate the call from the visor unit. I would like to set one as the default unit. 

Regards

Dean

0 Likes
DeanAOA
First Poster
Options

Hi and thank you for your reply.

I must be honest I got the phone on the 22nd December 21 and have not even looked at bixby. I originally thought of downloading some sort of assistant but to be fair this is the only time I have experienced this issue in all the time I have had a smartphone  

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use huawei gt 2 with my S21 Ultra and I just take the call with my watch. Its speaker is quiet good unless you are in a noisy environment.
0 Likes
DeanAOA
First Poster
Options
Hi. Yes I can use my watch but I have to hold it up in the air but you still have to select the watch for it to answer the call. The whole idea of having a handsfree visor unit is to not have to take your hands off the wheel for long. I struggle with my hearing but wearing the buds are really uncomfortable after a long period of time. And like I said in the original post I am in and out of different vehicles and this sequence is for every call. Can someone explain how I set up the bixby app to make a routine please.
0 Likes
DeanAOA
First Poster
Options

Hi Pugs

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried to set up a routine but as my watch is connected and then when I turn on the visor blutooth unit I then try to make a call and it still gives me the option to use either device on the call screen. I cannot find a routine that allows me to totally disregard the watch even if it disconnects the watch it still gives an option on the ca screen. 

Hope that makes sense.

Kind Regards 

Dean

0 Likes
Members_z3adtfA
First Poster
Options

Any confirmed fix for this as I have a similar issue, my S21 FE connects to my car audio fine, plays music throught the car auido fine, driving along and a call comes in the car auduio unit stops the music as you would expect, the car head unit shows me the caller ID, great,,,, but the call comes in throught the phone speakers and mic and continues to do so until i take my hands off the wheel and select for the call audio to come through the car speakers.. there surely must be a fix for this?!?!?

0 Likes