Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life since One UI 4 update

(Topic created on: 02-12-2021 12:48 AM)
RorschachKovacs
Explorer
Options

Has anyone else experienced poor battery life and slower charging since the One UI 4 update? I haven't installed new apps since the update, nor has my usage of my S21 Ultra (Exynos) increased but the battery life is much worse since updating at the weekend. I'd still typically have 55-65% battery life by the end of the day prior to updating. Now I'm lucky to have 30%.

Has anyone else experienced this?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
If its less than a few days since the update it can happen. Give the phone time to learn usage patterns.
0 Likes
RorschachKovacs
Explorer
Options

What are these heuristic learning capabilities and how much testing had been done prior to the rollout? This isn't my first rodeo with a smartphone, nor is it the first time I've had a major Android update during the phone's lifespan.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I was on the beta program so i did a factory reset after backup. For the first 6-7 days the phone and battery needs to learn the usage patterns before it stabilises. Samsung call it -phone optimisation.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
0 Likes
OnMyFourthPhone
Student
Options

Yup! Not only is my battery life absolutely shot, but fast charging and super fast charging no longer works, regardless of whether I use Samsung or generic chargers. I've had this phone for less than a month, so I am not super excited about this. 

Not two days ago I was bragging to my iPhone using friend about being able to go 24 hrs between charges, having around 50% battery life by bed time. Yesterday, I went to bed with 20%. Overnight, with everything turned off, my battery depleted to 3%. Is it because I bragged? Hubris?

RorschachKovacs
Explorer
Options

I'll believe it when I see it.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Ok go to your battery settings page and check these settings 👌 Screenshot_20211202-154342_Device care_679_1638459822.jpg
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I've just added a screenshot for you to review & compare your settings 😉
RorschachKovacs
Explorer
Options

They're already set there but thank you. I'll see how it goes over the next few days.