Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[15/NOV/21] Android 12 stock official update is rolling out, BUK8

(Topic created on: 23-11-2021 05:08 AM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung have begun rolling out the first official stock update of Android 12, One UI 4, for the S21 series of devices...

Initially, as always, this is a staged roll out to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 Global, Exynos, devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B

This latest release replaces the previous G99*BXXU3ZUK1 / G99*BXXS3AUJ7 builds.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Changelog (for  those coming from Beta)

BUK8 1_Software update.jpg

The update = G99*BXXU3BUK8

Download = 290.45MB (for Beta testers) 2670.68MB (for non Beta testers)

Build date = 05 November 2021

Release date = 15 November 2021

Camera version = 12.0.00.83

One UI version = 4.0

Android Security patch = 01 November 2021

This is the 20th stable update in 294 days. Average = 1 update every 15 days.

***TOP TIP: Wipe the phone's cache partition and use the Galaxy App Booster after updating.***

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
36 REPLIES 36
Dbromero
Student
Options

no luck, when I search for app booster or good guardians I only get games or other apps

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What is the CSC code of your device?

Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version (see screenshot)

HLAT5Gp.jpg

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Dbromero
Student
Options

I flashed a German firmware to try if it has the apps but nothing. My CSC is: EUX/EUX, EUX/PEO

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

CSC code PEO is for Peru, South America and will default to the settings for that region. Unfortunately, Android 12, One UI 4, has not been released yet for Peru. You may find that Good Guardians and Galaxy App Booster are available when it is released for your CSC code.

0 Likes
Chando
First Poster
Options
Is this available for the galaxy S10
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Chando  Yes... but not until January 2022.

See... https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/samsung-android-12-update-dates-leaked/m-p/431...

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Only 10 days after beginning, Samsung has virtually completed the roll-out of Android 12One UI 4, to over 100+ of their global branded and unbranded Exynos devices for Europe, Asia, Africa and the Nordic and Baltic regions.

It is now the turn of South America to receive Android 12 beginning with its release to the Chilean non-carrier branded devices on CSC code, CHO.

No news I'm afraid on when Australia and New Zealand will be updated yet but it shouldn't be too long.

0 Likes