Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[11/APR/22] CVD2. Bugfix update

(Topic created on: 15-04-2022 08:47 AM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hot on the heels of the 4th April update, CVCG, for the April Security patch that is currently being released, Samsung has begun rolling out an even newer CVD2 bugfix release for the S21 series of international devices.

Initially, as always, this is a staged rollout to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 international devices that will receive this update are...
  • S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B
This latest release replaces the previous G99*BXXS4CVCG build on the international devices.

Changelog
  • Bug fixes
It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Software information

CVD2 UPDATE_Settings.jpg

The update = G99*BXXU4CVD2

Download = 257.45MB 

Build date = 04 April 2022

Release date = 11 April 2022

Camera version = 12.0.01.44 (No change)

One UI version = 4.1

Android Security patch = 01 April 2022

This is the 30th stable update for the Exynos model in 437 days. Average = 1 update every 15 days.

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
13 REPLIES 13
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
[UPDATE] 07.35hrs UTC/GMT, 15 APR 22.

So far, only available for the stock German devices on CSC code DBT.

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Got mine today. Uk unlocked, network free. 🙂👍
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@woodlouse 

Are you confusing this CVD2 update with the older, 4th April, update CVCG which has been released for the U.K. devices, today? (see screenshot, below)

Nothing currently showing on Samsung's servers for the CVD2 update for the U.K.

CVD2 UPDATE 1_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It is the 4 April CVCG security update  that I have just received.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@JAMES4578 

That sounds right as the CVCG update is rolling out to the stock Samsung, non-carrier branded devices with the U.K. code = BTU. Nothing so far, for the carrier branded U.K. phones.

I have a feeling that the release of this new update, CVD2, within a week, will cause a lot of confusion with some users.

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Now released for the U.K. unbranded S21 devices on CSC code BTU and unbranded for France on XEF.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Also available for XEO, stock Samsung unbranded firmware for Poland.

No news for U.K. carrier branded users for either the CVCG April security update or this CVD2 bugfix update.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

U.K. carrier branded users on CSC code EVR for EE/BT are now receiving this latest CVD2 update and bypassing the earlier CVCG update.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

U.K. users on CSC code VOD for Vodafone are now receiving this update.

0 Likes