Did you mean: 

Original topic:

WiFi Calling issues on Samsung 20 5G

(Topic created on: 16-12-2020 08:34 PM)
Hymerlymer
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I just got two shiny new Samsung S20 5G's.  They are great, accept that the WiFi calling feature does not work.  I have tried everything on the internet, everything the T-Mobile guy said and everything the Internet provide said.  Is there a known issue with this?  It worked fine right up until the patch last Sunday (Dec 9th.)  Version G981USQU1CTKH.

They will not call on WiFi.  I get the "Connect to WiFi or a mobile network to make this call" error.  They worked fine right up until this patch.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
ironass
Big Cheese
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

As per the T-Mobile (USA) software support site, they have suspended the roll-out of their previously certified firmware, G981USQU1CTKH, some 5 days ago, which may explain your issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16/512GB (G998B D/S) CSC=BTU
Hymerlymer
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm guessing there's no way to roll back or fix it until samsung does another update? 

0 Likes
ironass
Big Cheese
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

There is but I would not recommend it unless you are an experienced and competent Android user as you will be going back from Android 11 to Android 10. If you can live with it I feel sure that a new update will be out as soon as T-Mobile (USA) certifies it. Possibly by the weekend even, as the TMO issue affects all their TMO S20 models. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16/512GB (G998B D/S) CSC=BTU
0 Likes
BFG
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have the same issue.
I have WiFi calling with 02 my network enabled but this feature has now been removed completely since I updated software yesterday.

I have the worst signal at home so my phone is useless without it
0 Likes
EPotts
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Does anyone else no how long this issue will take to be fixed? I have the same thing and a phone that is useless at home without WiFi calling.
0 Likes