Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to S20

(Topic created on: 03-03-2021 04:12 PM)
Arburon
Apprentice
Options

I want to upgrade from the S9 to the S20 (Exynos variant) and I want to know what's the battery life of this phone and does it still have overheating issues. Has Samsung fixed the overheating issue with updates or not? And also what is the cause of the overheating, is it the 5G or the 120Hz display. Has anybody found the fix for the overheating?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Falloutkid
Pioneer
Options
Well i have a Samsung Galaxy S20FE I haven't experienced any overheating issues it has the exynos cpu
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I'm not sure about S20 but I buy the highest end Galaxy S every year ( since the very first ) and although I'm now using S21 Ultra, I still have ( until Friday ) and have had S20 Ultra ( exynos ) since March 2020 and it was good from day 1, but after a few updates it got great, and then after the U.I 3.0 update it got really good. so although S20 has a smaller battery, it also has smaller screen, so is probably pretty good on battery life. I also never experienced any overheating issues at all. of all the Samsung phones inhave had, every year, the last 2 ( S20 Ultra and S21 Ultra ) are absolute power house phones and really good on battery life. Daily i achieved 8+ hours SoT with 10-15% at 60hz WQHD+. I haven't been using it all day for weeks it I would of had screen shots to show you. that being said, S21 is definitely a better option, providing the no expandable storage and WQHD+ doesn't matter to you.
0 Likes
Geordieboy
Navigator
Options
I've an S20 5G, with Exynos. The phone is generally fine, but the battery life is SHOCKING, if you're actually using phone!! (At least on mine it is).
Since Android 11 update, it drains very quickly. I average a screen on time of about 5-6hrs, and a charge lasts about a day, with minimal use.

I've had no issues with overheating though.

I run it at FHD+ with 60Hz display.
0 Likes