Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Two weeks of ownership

(Topic created on: 09-12-2020 12:37 AM)
Nettie1216
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Having used my new SE20FE for the last two weeks with my new Samsung cover with window display to see the time, etc......I could not be more disappointed that the screen is scratched already 

I have treated it no differently than my S9 that came out of two year contract at end November. The cover was the same type (booklet). There are no scratches on the glass of S9. So is it possible that Samsung are downgrading the quality of the glass to save money on a very expensive phone. If I get a glass protection film, having read the notes, Samsung expect touch screen to be lass responsive. Its a no win/long contract with annoying scratches that are only going to get worse!!

What can I do??

Thank you

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ironass
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Unlike the flagship Galaxy S20 range of phones which have Corning's Gorilla Glass 6 both front and back, the Galaxy S20 FE only sports Gorilla Glass 3 on the front and a plastic back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16/512GB (G998B D/S) CSC=BTU
0 Likes
Nettie1216
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Thank you for that. would it be worth complaining to Samsung

would it get me anywhere???
0 Likes
Nettie1216
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
impressed with your knowledge
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I believe the FE is the midrange model which is no excuse for scratches how ever I have owned mine since it was released and their is not a single mark on it same with my S10 their is not a mark on it. if you want a screen protector that works buy 1 from Samsung or buy a TPU film 1 from ebay.
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
complaining about what ?
0 Likes
Nettie1216
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
complain that my new phone is not as robust as my previous. I would still have the S9 if it were not for the battery, and the quality of camera (tbf). I'm just disappointed that the screen is damaged already 😕
0 Likes
ironass
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Probably not since there is no wrongdoing or misrepresentation on their part.

Corning's Gorilla Glass 3 was first used on the 7 year old Galaxy S4 models and there have been no issues with its level of protection offered. I would always recommend a tempered glass screen protector on a new phone, as well as a case, for added protection.

Your previous phone, Galaxy S9, came with Corning's Gorilla Glass 5 both front and back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16/512GB (G998B D/S) CSC=BTU
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

as said by ironass the gorilla glass version mounted on the s20fe is a pretty old spec compared to the s9 one.

My advice would be to mount a domeglass on it

0 Likes