Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Sync unable to sync as connected to hot spot

(Topic created on: 18-07-2020 06:17 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I am trying to sync my gallery however I get a message telling me I am unable to do so as I am connected to a hop spot. I have no idea what this means or what to do as I only connect by WIFI.

24 REPLIES 24
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Its possibly meaning it's trying to save your mobile data allowance @Anonymous User 

Are you able to sync while connected to Wi-Fi instead ?

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
@Anonymous User: To double check this, please go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering > Mobile Hotspot, and disable this option if it's active. Next, go to Settings > Connections, Wi-Fi, and make sure that you are connected to your Home Router under 'Current Network'. If you try to sync your Gallery following these steps, are you able to proceed without issue?
0 Likes
gahaalt
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi, I have the exact same issue with Galaxy S20.

I am not connected to hotspot neither have I enabled WiFi Router.

I can sync my gallery using mobile data, but I can't when I'm connected to WiFi.

I have mobile Huawei router in my home and my S20 is connected to it, somehow it sees it as Router WiFi and doesn't let me sync gallery unless I, again, disable WiFi and sync using mobile data.

TomJN
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Any resolution?

As of January 2021 I have the exact same issue with Galaxy S9.

I am not connected to hotspot neither have I enabled WiFi Router.

I can sync my gallery using mobile data, but I can't when I'm connected to WiFi.

Mobile data is really slow option.

0 Likes
Jxr
Student
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi, I have the same issue and message with my Note10. It used to work fine but syncing to OneDrive only now occurs via my mobile data. I have tried to fix this but have now opened a Google Drive account and am paying for storage there. This seems to work fine and I can back up all my photos and videos immediately. All very strange.

0 Likes
ZombieMistress13
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm late to the "party". I just realized that my Note20 has NOT been backing up my gallery since November 2020. I am connected to my home wifi and it's saying that is a mobile hotspot. I've followed these steps and it didn't make a difference. 

Is there an actual fix for this issue a lot of us are having?

0 Likes
Davchri
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have had the same issue on my S8+, a10 AND A3, so you would have thought Samsung would have stopped being ******* and done something, wouldn't you?

0 Likes
Members_yzoPyyG
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Any news on this issue? I have an S20 that states I am connected to a Hotspot when I try to save photos, but works with WiFi switched off. Is this a case of Samsung and Microsoft blaming each other and we just get batted about? It seems to be more Samsung since it works over Cell data?  Come on guys, don't leave us without basic backup support please.

0 Likes
SonofSam
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Had exact same problem. Switched off VPN. Back up worked perfectly.