Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Battery issues

(Topic created on: 27-02-2024 06:24 PM)
Zvico
Apprentice
Options

In the last week or so my S20 FE 5G battery drains very fast. The phone is constantly warm and when I charge it (several times a day) it takes much longer to fully charge - whether by regular or Fast Charging adapter.

This started suddenly, without any change in use or installation of new apps. I have tried many tips to consume less battery (background apps, dimming display, etc.) but to no noticeable change.

The only event that may be related to the onset of the issues is a One UI 5.1 system update on Feb 14, 2024.

Any similar issues around this time? Any advice?

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
ziajill
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

Members_zd7xORs
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same problem. Any help from Samsung support? Or we're just writing for ourselves? 

0 Likes
Zvico
Apprentice
Options

Haven't found a solution. After 40 mins on the phone with a perfectly inapt customer support rep, I learned nothing! He gave me a couple of contacts for repair nearby...

0 Likes
Members_p1Zhg6H
First Poster
Options

Is there any solution for this?

0 Likes
LabtecWeb
First Poster
Options
S24 Ultra
Have the same problem.
Even after factory reset, the problem resumed after some time
0 Likes
Jesper4
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my S20fe. Battery drain and warm battery. Started a few weeks ago.

0 Likes
Zvico
Apprentice
Options

I feel better that I am not alone... I hope the next UI update will fix this, IF it was not done intentionally by Samsung!

0 Likes
W29
Apprentice
Options

I am having the exact same issue on the exact same model. Phone model is s20 FE 5g (SM-G781B), I installed the last successful update was on 3rd of March 2024 with version G781BXXS9HXA6/G781BOLM9HWK8/G781BXXS9HXA6.

Before installing this update I was getting roughly 8 hours screen on time and 9 hours screen off time. After the last update, my phone battery life has gotten worse over time with having 7hrs screen on time 8hrs screen off time (just 1 day after the update) to now having 2 hours screen on timeand 3 hours screen off time.

The phone gets heated quickly, needing multiple charges throughout the day and sometimes the battery will drain even while charging if using my phone extensively. Where previously, it could last the whole day without charging and super charging is very quick.

Divyesh30
First Poster
Options

i am also getting same issues after update any way to go back to previous update, very disappointing update got from Samsung, I hope it will be fixed soon. 

0 Likes