Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop 'Check your Microsoft account' notification

(Topic created on: 17-06-2021 08:45 AM)
Annoyed5
Apprentice
Options

Just recently I've started to receive an annoying notification on my S20 telling me to 'Check my Microsoft account' which is trying to get me to link a Microsoft account to my device. I don't want to. Yet this notification will not stop no matter how many times I dismiss it.

All notifications for any Samsung apps on the phone are switched on and greyed out so I can't turn them off. This one appears to be coming from Samsung Cloud.

Does anyone know how to stop this notification besides actually linking a Microsoft account?

Why do Samsung insist on forcing garbage down it's users throats? Why should I have to link a Microsoft account? These notifications are tantamount to harrasment. I wouldn't be expected to put up with constant phone calls or text message telling me to do this, so why should I have to put up with these constant notifications interrupting my day? I'm effectively being held to ransom by Samsung. If I don't do what they want me to, they are going to continue to harras me.

Samsung - stop this nonsense. Allow people to choose for themselves!

37 REPLIES 37
zedtours
Student
Options

Just Stop

0 Likes
MaraWinterhyde
Student
Options

Try this. 

On your phone go to Settings > Tap on your name > Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on linked accounts > Tap on the 3 vertical dots next to Microsoft Account > Tap on unlink.

This solved it for me. 

Hope this helps. Because I found it here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/microsoft-account-linked-to-samsung/td-p/70....

Johnsy
Journeyman
Options

This is happening to my wife's S21+ my S23 Ultra is fine... any fixes yet Samsung ???

0 Likes
Johnsy
Journeyman
Options

Looks promising so far, cheers !

0 Likes
kiaron
First Poster
Options
Totally agree Samsung playing. Solution is ??
0 Likes
kiaron
First Poster
Options
I recommend selling the samsung product. Total disgrace that this is still happening
0 Likes
Members_jZWP5DI
First Poster
Options

On your phone go to Settings > Tap on your name > Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on linked accounts > Tap on the 3 vertical dots > Tap on unlink.

0 Likes
No1atniwhredotnet
First Poster
Options

PMG I had to set up some fony bogus 'community name' just to reply to this. I agree,  can we bring legal presidance against all this extra ***** we gotta do just to use our own phones? No, I don't want this thing ATTACHED to iMcrosoft,, that's why this samsung phone isn't a Microsoft phone, or a Google phone so you can carefully place that cloud securely where the sun does not shine and take both factors of the two factor authentication system and imagine them as two different middle fingers, one for each cloud (Microsoft/Google)

0 Likes