Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Small hole appears at finger print scanner

(Topic created on: 28-04-2020 10:27 PM)
Hyndi
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone else had a small hole appear in the screen where there finger print scanner is?

Hardly noticeable, but can feel it when running finger over it and just about see when playing full screen video.

Like a small dimple.

Phone hasn't been dropped or in pocket with anything else.  In a good quality case.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The phone as far as im aware has a factory fitted plastic screen protector applied.

Peel that off.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
jonnyp2809
Apprentice
Options

yes I've had 3 small almost like blisters on the screen, don't rub it or you will end up with a hole in the screen as I now have. I'm yet to hear back off Samsung about it. I'm puzzled as I was watching stuff on YouTube everything was fine. had it on charge while i slept, picked it up when I woke to find the blister like marks. At first I thought it was just something on the screen but when I rubbed it to get one off a hole appeared. I've seen people have had similar problems with the camera lense glass 

Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The phone as far as im aware has a factory fitted plastic screen protector applied.

Peel that off.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Hyndi
Apprentice
Options

Hi, plastic removed as soon as I got it. Definitely a screen blister.  Thanks though.

0 Likes
Hyndi
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Jonny.

I'll log a screen blister call today and see what they say.  Let me know if you hear anything please.

Are your blisters in random places or do they line up with finger print sensor?

I did the same and rubbed the dirty mark!

0 Likes
jonnyp2809
Apprentice
Options

They appeared in random places 2 to the lowe left side about cm in and 1 near the volume buttons. I've not heard off samsung but I didn't realise it came with a screen protector and its only on that the screen underneath appears to be fine. Keep at them as it seems to be becoming quite common 

0 Likes
Hyndi
Apprentice
Options
So.....this was right! The factory fitted screen protector is nearly impossible to see (or peel off). You have to start from the bottom corner (found a YouTube video).
Could hardly believe myself that there was still a screen protector on. But eventually removed it, and the blister is gone.
Bought a new screen protector and fitted, not back to normal.