Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sim card does not fit the tray

(Topic created on: 04-07-2020 03:25 PM)
MontyTheCat
Journeyman
Options

My nano-sim card doesn't fit properly into the sim1 slot on the tray - the manual states to gently press the sim into the tray to secure it.  Mine doesn't 'click' into the slot, so (thinking it must be the sim) I requested a new sim from my mobile provider, which arrived this morning and that one doesn't click into place either.  It falls out if I pick up the tray and turn it over, so it is not secure in the tray.

A bit of experimentation has revealed that the sim will click securely into place on the sim2 slot, but that means I can't have an sd card installed.

Can anyone help please?  I'm otherwise impressed with this fabulous mobile.

0 Likes
Go to solution
24 REPLIES 24
MontyTheCat
Journeyman
Options
Is this photo of any help?

20210103_143238_1677.jpg

0 Likes
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options

You only have two choices, a SIM in SIM1 and and SDCard in SIM2, or a SIM in SIM1 and a SIM in SIM2, you cannot have a SIM and an SDCard together in SIM2

0 Likes
MontyTheCat
Journeyman
Options

Dave... I knows! That's what I said to Hwalker1 this morning.  I posted the pic to try to help them.

0 Likes
OZjohn
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, only with sim2 slot. Sim1 slot is fine.

I just bought another sim tray and the exact same issue with this one.

I've ordered a third one online but won't get it for a couple of weeks, however I don't hold out much hope for that one either.

Tried two different sim cards with same result so it seems that the issue is with the tray itself. Not good Samsung.

0 Likes
fold 5 sim tray
First Poster
Options

my sim card tray broke . can i use the one on my s22 ultra for the fold 5?

0 Likes