Did you mean: 

Original topic:

SD Card storage set as default but videos automatically go to internal storage

(Topic created on: 05-01-2021 10:35 AM)
JimB11
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have had this problem for a while but have decided to try and sort it now. I have set my default camera storage to my SD card (128gb). However All photos go to SD card but ALL videos stay on the internal storage! Today I have switched back to all internal, restarted phone took test videos and photos and they all go to internal storage. I then restarted phone switched camera storage to SD card and same thing happens... photos on SD but Videos on internal. I am now copying videos from internal storage to SD to free up space ( which I've been doing from the start). Now I thought I'd ask. Is anyone having the same problem? Is there an easy fix?

4 REPLIES 4
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Although this isn't a fix for the underlying problem, there is a workaround to make life easier for you.
Using a macro app such as "MacroDroid", you can have it set to automatically move all the contents in a folder (such as your videos in internal storage), to a new folder (such as the one on your sd card).
You can have this set to do it daily or weekly or whatever time frame you want. It'll just stop you from having to do it manually all the time.

I use that app for alot of automated tasks, and one in particular is similar to what you want. I have it set so that all my WhatsApp media, photos/videos etc are moved onto a dedicated folder on my sd card as they always fill up my internal memory. Mine is set to Sunday mornings at 5am, and i have a constraint that it will only do it if the battery level is above 30% that way i dont risk my battery dying in the middle of it.
0 Likes
JimB11
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thank you for the workaround. I'll certainly use it if there's no Samsung solution.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
i have same issue... bought new micro sd 4k with great specs but still all videos are going into internal storage... must be software issue. hopefully samsung will fix it soon with updates.
0 Likes
KeeganClarke
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi I'm a 13 year old boy who is recording 3840x2160 at 60 fps on a Samsung galaxy s9+ and I wanna know how to make it instead of going to internal storage to my 128gb Sandisk ultra plus Micro SD card with this app. Thankyou

0 Likes