Original topic:

Screen won't lock using YouTube.

(Topic created on: 31/12/20 08:18)
EarlEggplant
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi everyone,

I've recently bought myself an S20 after using a S7 for years and noticed that, unlike my S7, my screen doesn't seem to want to automatically lock after a YouTube video is done playing. Considering I like to fall asleep with YouTube in the background, this is quite annoying as I'm scared of screen burn. 

I've already tried messing around with the timeout settings, but this doesn't seem to help. Googling the issue only shows how to keep your screen on instead. Any tips?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Solly321
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
get YouTube Vanced, you can get it from Google, you can turn the screen off and play videos in the background, it also has YouTube Music and it's all free to use.

also Ymusic from Google can download YouTube music and videos with ease, I have over 1300 songs downloaded with it, that's free too
Razros
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi. I have the same issue. Have you finally found a solution? 

lydaman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm also having this issue. Has anyone figured out what's happening?

lydaman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm having the exact issue.

Dalefan87
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Having the same issue, started pretty recently, possibly due to the most recent software update. Is there a fix, or is Youtube Vanced the only option?

0 Likes
dazzyb
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have seen the same issue over the past couple of days.
I turned on "Remind me when it's bedtime", after a video is done playing between the specified time, it will automatically switch out of full screen mode, display a bed time reminder, and the screen WILL now timeout.
Hope this helps.
0 Likes
DazaOP
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have the same issue. It is a shame. I really don't want to damage my battery or screen leaving it displaying the same image for 8 hours..

0 Likes
pjsw
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
same issue for a few weeks now
SolarWarden
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same thing...dont know how to fix it

0 Likes