Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung s20 update loop

(Topic created on: 07-01-2021 09:49 AM)
Ttwhd
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi, i joined one UI beta program and installed android 11. Now i'm stuck in update loop i installed update from 1.12.2020 which size is 178.55 (G980FXXU5CTKG) and after installing it when phone reboots i see info about available update with the same exact number! I'v already installed it 4 times! how to fix this?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ironass
Big Cheese
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Just to clarify, am I correct in the following...

So, you signed up for the Beta test firmwares and then received, at the beginning of December 2020, the stable firmware update over the air, FOTA, and it showed your old beta firmware details in, "Service provider software version"?

What are those old firmware beta details?

You then attempted to re-install it 4 more times by downloading and flashing the firmware using which method?

What is your phone's CSC code?

You have the Galaxy S20 4G model of phone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16/512GB (G998B D/S) CSC=BTU
0 Likes
Ttwhd
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
i don't remember when I signed for the beta tests, but it was bet testing of android 11 and new one ui. After sometime I checked for new updates, there was one new update which I downloaded over the air after finishing nstallation, new update notification poped up but it was about the updated I have just installed so I decided to install it again after each installation notification is coming back and it tries to install the same update over and over again. each time I installed it using nothing else than my phone updater software. yes this is S20 4g I attach screenshot from my phone with update notification and software details

Screenshot_20210107-132222_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210107-132130_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
Ttwhd
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I replied in new post, I don't know how notifications works here, so sorry if you get two of them just letting you know.
0 Likes
ironass
Big Cheese
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Strange! Your details show that you have the Samsung Galaxy S20 4G model of phone with the CSC code for unbranded firmware for Poland, CSC code XEO.

However, your screenshot shows a firmware version for the U.K. unbranded model, CSC code BTU. (see screenshot)

xeo btu 1.png

This seems to be the cause of your issue. Quite how you would receive BTU firmware on an OTA update for a Polish phone is a mystery. 

The latest firmware for your model of phone and CSC code is... G980FXXS5CTL5

Try connecting you phone to a PC that is running Samsung's Smart Switch and check for an update, 

Alternatively, you could take your device to the nearest Samsung Service Centre and ask them to flash the update for you.

If you are an experienced and competent user, you could download the XEO firmware from here, G980FXXS5CTL5, and flash it via Odin PC software by the instructions and download contained in it. WARNING! Done incorrectly, it could, "brick", your phone. 

Personally, I would recommend the first 2 options.

0 Likes
Ttwhd
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
it is perhaps because I bought phone in Poland and I was using it there and now I moved to UK
0 Likes
ironass
Big Cheese
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

No, if the phone had a Polish CSC code, XEO, it would only download the Polish, XEO, firmware. Otherwise, if you were on holiday in Malaysia, you would be downloading Malaysian firmware. 

0 Likes