Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung s20 Ultra camera Review

(Topic created on: 27/08/20 17:39)
davelees
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Well i brought the s20 ultra thought id put it to the test, i do photography and normally shoot with Sony gear on a full frame sensor, so i wasn't expecting much at all given this is a phone, but at the same time all i herd was this massive hype about the camera so lets try it i need a new phone anyway, 

my first impressions ideal for social media snaps and it stops there! like other phones on market, i pushed it and used every feature there is and yes even the 108mp,  the problem boils down to the sensor size still, its still way to small and the min you start zooming in a little looks like a can of mushy pees, why they have stuck these features in this phone if the results look so horrible i never know, another pointless feature is the massive zoom on it, yea sure it can do it, but you wouldn't know what your looking at its so distorted, come on surly this phone was tested by someone with brains prior to bragging about its camera spec, you couldn't or wouldn't want to print a large format picture, 

i think its good for avg snaps def not professional use by any means even if you did use it in pro mode, 

the only way i can see this phone doing well is, if they make some kind of built in photo stacking (merge) software it might be able to rescue some damage caused upon taking shots but other than that i would prob stick to normal S20 and save some cash along the way, i go over my photos in fine detail prior before they are sold, if you want a nice photo buy a dedicated camera, phones are getting better, but dont believe all this hype and bragging about its camera spec,  compare the sensor size of this phone to a normal camera sensor, when i tried to tell samsung about it, they didn't listen and started going through a standerd troubleshooting checklist and even asked me if my fingers was covering the lens, right out the box the pictures look great with hardly no effort needed, cannot fault this, until you inspect each photo carefully, just lets hope they improve the software so its somewhat decent,  if you ask me its a waste of money for samsung and the end user   this reminds me of windows vista looks nice, expensive, but nightmare for Microsoft afterwords , i think with the phone shear size i think they could have fitted one decent sensor in it, rather than multable fancy small rubbish sensors and prob cost them more money configuring the setup of these  camera sensors than it would have been installing one decent sensor,  some of the features are good what will not realy use, and like the big screen , but other than that i would have kept to my old phone i guess,    

2 REPLIES 2
Jasonseery
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
in short the s10 and s20 camera is a big let down, I'm done with samsung, stuck im contract now for another 8 or 9 months before I can upgrade and It wont be a samsung
0 Likes
Peds
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
The camera is a joke for this expensive phone. I have just had a chat with one of the Samsung agents and stated that he never heard of these issues.... Come on! All they offer is a visit to a Samsung repair shop when we all know that Samsung screwed it up big time and now customers are stuck with an expensive monthly payment. I wish I've never traded my S10plus in. Disgusting. After this I am done with Samsung era.
0 Likes