Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung s20 power brick not working right out of the box.

(Topic created on: 13-12-2020 02:18 PM)
AndreeaM1
First Poster
Options

Hei there, long time reader, first time poster. I've been around the forums and websites, couldn't find similar issues. I've done a lot of testing with the s20 cable / other cables / s20 power brick / s10 power brick and the results are : cable working, phone charging with other power bricks. Furthermore, the power brick only charges the s20 after it's been plugged for 10 to 30 minutes. If the power brick has been plugged for 1 day, then the s20 will start charging right away. What would be Samsung's solution to my issue?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Take a look in the port to ensure no debris is inside. A torch would cone in handy.

First please put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. 

Ask Samsung to replace the power brick is probably the best scenario @AndreeaM1 

May I ask does the phone charge OK via a wireless charger ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndreeaM1
First Poster
Options

Well it's been like this right out of the box, so I assumed there won't be any debris, that and it also charges on my s10 power brick. I have tried restarting it in safe mode while charging, I have tried hard restart, nothing worked. The s20 power brick doesn't charge my s10 either. And yes, it does charges any other way ( PC cable, s10 power brick, wirelessly) except with the brand new s20 power brick.

I just want to get this out there more than I am expecting an actual, as there might be more people in my situation and I want to see what Samsung will suggest. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As this has " happened right out of the box ” I would assume the owner would return / have the phone and contents swapped out before any cooling off period expired @AndreeaM1 

I wouldn't pay for an item that had issues out of the box and nor would I have to start troubleshooting to remedy it as such an early stage.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "