Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 FE multiple issues

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 08:00 PM)
Ivlincs
Student
Options

I own Samsung Galaxy S20 FE from less than a month but already experiencing multiple issues like :
1. Ghost/phantom touch
exampe : display registers an input without my intervention
2. Touchscreen - responsiveness/or non-responsiveness
 for example:
1)While I`m typing the bottom left part of the dysplay(left part of the keyboard) requires multiple taps of the screen (arround 10 taps in the letter "d" area) before it reacts/recognise tap , at the same time the bottom right part of the display(right side of the keyboard) reacts accurate to every single gentle tap. Tapping 10 times the "Close all" button before the action take place is another example.
2) When I open image from the gallery and pinch-to-zoom, that closes the image on every second or third time.
3) Today I barely answered a phone call because it recognised the swipe of the green handset at the 3rd or 4th time.
I have to mention that I peeled off the factory screen protector more that week ago thinking that will solve the problem, but it makes no difference.
4)Few times already appeared black spots arround the fingerprint while I was unlocking the phone (like half cyrcles on the top left side and left side of the finger print scanner)
3. Delay/ latency
1) I sometimes experiance lag in simple tasks like rotating a image. It is clearly visible and annoyng when rotating broshure from application,becouse half screen became black.
2) My ringtone tears at the begining of incoming call (like it struggle to start)
Often the phone feels like you gave dificult task to very poor computer,it struggles. And I'm curious if it's a software or hardware problem, if someone else is having so many problems, or just me with my factory-defective phone.

14 REPLIES 14
WorldFivestar
Explorer
Options
Honestly sounds like you may have a faulty handset or somehow damaged the touch screen when removing the screen protector, to be honest I had similar issues with mine but they went away after some use so if they don't get better I'd bring it up with your provider or with Samsung, for the laggy apps try "enhanced processing" as that seems to give them a boost. This may all just be patched out with a software update but we can only wait, hope it gets fixed for you
0 Likes
Shawsey49
Navigator
Options
You could try a reset of your phone I know it's a bit of a pain, but as long as you've back up your stuff you'll be able to receive all your data.
0 Likes
lukeah
Explorer
Options
I reset my phone and I'm still having alot of these issues I've had the issues since one ui 3 and my mates s20+ was fine till recently his started doing the same
Ivlincs
Student
Options

So as I understand you have same problems as me,but it`s more likely to be softwake problem.That`s kind of releave becouse we have hope that all of it will be fixed with the next update.

And one more question...did you expirienced faulty rotation(like you open something with the phone up straight and then you turn it to the side-but the opened stuff is rotated upside down)? that hapened to me twice for that month of usage.

0 Likes
lukeah
Explorer
Options
yeah I've had that but majority of time I have auto rotate turned off so hasn't been as much an issue
0 Likes
lukeah
Explorer
Options
same I reset mine and it made no difference it's definitely one ui 3 it's disappointing cause I love this phone but having issues like this really shouldn't happen when I've payed so much for it
lukeah
Explorer
Options
done that and it made no difference
0 Likes
lukeah
Explorer
Options
it's happened with alot of people I know since one ui 3 update some people gradual but it's definitely the software just disappointed when I spend so much on a phone for it not to function properly the basic tasks when my even all my old phones could do
ranger55
First Poster
Options
Social media having to use Google to get all of my Facebook
0 Likes