Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20FE sudden battery life downgrade?

(Topic created on: 10-01-2022 11:20 PM)
hunter97
Student
Options

my s20fe has recently been saying the battery would last only 10 hours, however when i first got it it said over 24 hours. I was recently at a place with very low reception for a few days, and i noticed the battery life estimation going down. It's now stuck at 10 hours, is anyone else having problems with this? the phone has been heating up a lot also

3 REPLIES 3
JoStar
Explorer
Options
Say just 10 for me, even thought I think it used to be about 12 or 14, but I use my phone alot
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @hunter97  

Can you check in your device care and then battery after a full cycle of usage to see what's using your battery.

Then if there is an app using lots of battery you can react via using deep sleep or sleep mode and or look at it's preferences. 

Also use the optimisation tool.

In the device care section are more battery tools if you tap on battery,

In your Samsung Members app there is a diagnostic tool to check your phone.

Your phone will use more battery in a low signal area due to the phone working harder to maintain connection,  however things should return to normal.

You could try Clear your System File Cache via the instructions in the Samsung Link. You may need to hook upto a computer or insert your headphones to get to the recovery menu. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

Also take into account that overtime your battery will reduce in regards to how long it will last.

A Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre can certainly run a diagnostic on the phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
mav2020
Pioneer
Options
@hunter97

I share your experience as well. My s20+ was taking up a lot of juice when the device was connected to a network which has very poor connection. However, the situation has since improved after I have moved to a better network provider. All the best.
0 Likes