Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20+ will not fast charge

(Topic created on: 29/10/20 19:04)
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm having all sorts of issues with charging my S20+, randomly decides the port is wet when the phone has not moved or been wet and now it has decided to not fast charge anymore. Charging is painfully slow, I have fast charging enabled in the options and am using the original charger and cable. I have ruled these out as I my partners S9 will fast charge on the same charger and lead combo.

What else could it be? I'm finding the S20+ to be a bit rubbish with a lot of niggles 😏

15 REPLIES 15
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I can 'fast' wireless chargeScreenshot_20201029-182004_Amazon Shopping_8243.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Crashtest1: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. If you open the Members app and go to Get Help > Interactive Checks > USB, and follow the on screen instructions, does the test return any errors? If not, please try restarting the phone in Safe Mode, and connect to your USB charger to see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, restart the phone as you would normally and remove any recently installed third party apps, as the issue is likely to be stemming from an external source. To access Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the Power Off screen is displayed, press and hold 'Power Off' until Safe Mode appears, then tap Safe Mode. 

0 Likes
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
thank you for your reply, I've tried the suggestions and the issue still persists
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
have you enabled super fast charging? by going into setting > device care click on battery go down to the bottom where it says charging then enable fast charging or super fast charging remove the charger before enabling it.
0 Likes
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
yep it is enabled Screenshot_20201030-065905_Device care_8262.jpg
0 Likes
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I constantly get this message popping up, I know the phone hasn't been near water or near anywhere humid. Something is not right with this phoneScreenshot_20201030-065806_One UI Home_8260.jpg
0 Likes
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I won't even fast charge let alone super fast charge.
0 Likes
Nikita69420
Overseer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
are you using a fast charger?
0 Likes
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
yes as the first post states:

I am using the original charger and USB C cable, also my partners S9 fast charges on the same combo.

I have also tried different power bricks and cables which I know fast charge (again tested with an S9)

This worked last week, the phone has decided to stop doing this in the last couple of days