Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 UW Photo Gallery Sync with OneDrive - Want Upload Only

(Topic created on: 11-06-2020 07:23 PM)
TimN1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My old S7 used to upload photos to OneDrive, then I would move, sort and file them on our home PC. Files on the S7 were untouched. With my new S20, it only seems to be able to sync with OneDrive - if you move or delete photos out of OneDrive, they get deleted from the Gallery! I can't find any settings in the S20 Gallery or OneDrive other than sync or no sync. I really want Gallery upload to OneDrive only, without touching the photos on the S20. Anyone else run into this issue and know how to address it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
James76G
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes, I have noticed this just this morning, very annoying. Like you I only really want an upload to OneDrive rather than a true two way sync, which is what this new OneDrive integration appears to be. I also would like to change the location in OneDrive where the files are stored, but that's preference rather than essential. 

I haven't tried yet, but I will likely now back out of this OneDrive gallery integration and go back to using the OneDrive app and its "photo upload" setting which did exactly what it says, that being to just upload photos to OneDrive from where you could move, copy delete etc without impacting what was on the phone. 

0 Likes