Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Ultra thinks it is wireless charging when it is not

(Topic created on: 09-12-2020 01:13 AM)
LimyMonkey
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

When I put an SD card (Samsung, 512GB) into my Galaxy S20 Ultra, it starts saying that the phone is Wireless charging, despite not being on or near a wireless charger. When I remove this SD card, the Wireless charging indicator disappears.

While the bug is occurring (i.e. SD card in, wireless charging indicator), if I place the phone on a wireless charger (Samsung DUO charging stand), the charger lights up as if it is sending power, but the battery appears to never go up in percentage, and after a while of this, the phone crashed and turned off.

I have tried rebooting my phone while the SD card is inserted, and have tried rebooting my phone while the SD card is removed. Same issue occurs whenever the SD card is inserted every time.

My phone is up-to-date on Version: N986U1UES1ATK1 / N986U1OYM1ATK1 / N986U1UES1ATK1 with Security patch level: November 1, 2020.

With this I cannot use my SD card in my phone. What can I do?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SirStottalot
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm a note 20 user so not really of any use. Just a query though, is the SD card formatted? Is it new or been used on another phone? Sometimes that can cause problems with phones?
0 Likes
LimyMonkey
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

This was a brand new SD card, straight out of the box. The phone was the very first thing I put the SD card into.

Out of curiosity, do you know what filesystem formats Samsung supports? I can try and format it using a PC and re-inserting it into the phone.

0 Likes
ironass
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

You can format your SD card in the phone before using. 

See... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTomWkbhsDk

The device itself supports FAT32 and exFAT for the memory card. See... https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-install-the-memory-card-in-samsung-mobile-d...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16/512GB (G998B D/S) CSC=BTU
0 Likes