S20 ultra issues

(Topic created on: 27-03-2020 09:33 PM)
IchBVB
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello

I have an issue with my s20 ultra.

I just turned on the phone for the second time just to do the update ( haven't actually used it yet).

While it was installing the update it overheated and in just 2 mins it lost 5% of battery.

Then I proceeded to check the camera since I guess this was one of the issues that update was fixing and while I'm in camera mode and without actually taking any photos or video it started heating up again so I closed the app before it overheat again.

The performance got a bit laggy while it's overheated.

I need to say that the phone doesn't have a sim card in it yet so everything is off ( wifi, data, signal etc) which means it shouldn't use as much battery.

In around 5 mins of the phone being on and with the brightness being halfway it went from 98% to 92% that's including installing the update and trying the camera.

2 REPLIES 2
NsProd
MegaStar
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi, are you on 120hz mode?
That drains battery and heats up the phone 2× more than 60hz.

Other than that, on the Motherboard is no thermal paste that's why the heat disappation is so bad.
Hadn't really had such problems yet although a Software update would be good.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᑎᔕᑭᖇOᗪ

Hat dir mein Beitrag gefallen oder dein Problem gelöst? Ich wäre froh über ein Like oder Markierung als Lösung des entsprechenden Beitrags.

0 Likes
IchBVB
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes I am on 120hz but I can't believe that in just couple minutes (3-4') of it being on it would heat that much!

Also while the installation was going on, the 120hz is not active? Since the phone is booting and it still overheated

0 Likes