Hi Folks - posting on hear as a last resort. I've had a S20+ Ultra for a while, and its been working great. Ever since the OneUI 5.0 update though its been rebooting, and often goes into multiple reboots. Have googled around and done the following things but it still happens!
I have the latest 5.1 update on there too and its still crashing! Is there any advice you can give on what I need to do next?
Hi @IbnSams It is advisable to wipe the cache partition after updates and can help with instability/crashes. Temporary files are deleted but Data is kept intact. Follow these steps:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.
If does not help you may wish to send an error Report via Samsung Members-Support-Error Reports. System logs are generated and can also attach screen recordings.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.0,Android 13 .