Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 Ultra 5G - Proximity/Gyro/Light/GPS not working after update

(Topic created on: 18/03/21 00:41)
TaKKsi
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi, after the latest firmware update a week or so ago, most sensors on my S20 Ultra 5G (SM-G988B/DS) have stopped working.

- Rotation (gyrometer)

- Proximity (screen does not turn off when making a call and putting close to face)

- Light (auto brightness is not adjusting screen brightness)

- GPS (does not connect or display any satellites)

The only sensor that is still working is the fingerprint.

I have tried factory reset, clearing the cache, downloading the latest firmware and installing it with ODIN. I also tried installing an older firmware from January, but it did not let me.

I also tried testing the sensors through *#0*# and the result is always "Fail". 

Can you help me please? 

Many thanks 🙏

----------------------------------

One UI version 

Android Version

Baseband version
G988BXXU6DUB5

Kernel version
4.19.87-20939239

Build number
RP1A.200720.012.G988BXXS6DUBA

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Haytch
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi this is definetly the result of the new ui 3.1 update.. Does your camera have any issues? My camera has been completely ruined with the new update. The camera with flash on makes my images very over exposed and noisy
0 Likes
TaKKsi
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi, I agree, it seems like it is related to the software update, as all sensors (except the fingerprint one) stopped literally after the update.

I haven't noticed any issues with the camera, but to be honest I have not taken any proper photos yet as I'm only using the phone for the bare necessities until this is sorted.

0 Likes
josepedro13
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have s20 note ,the updates is ***** my app
I can't open email,Google,more few apps is not working how I can sort out or Samsung need to find solution ASAP
0 Likes