Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 still on Android 10 UI 2.1?

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 10:08 AM)
Simplepondlife
Journeyman
Options
I was wondering if anyone can tell me why my phone hasn't updated to Android 11 yet?
My wife has a Galaxy S10 and that's now on Android 12, we are both with the same carrier. 

TIA
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
I think your best option is to take it into a Samsung Experience store and get them to have a quick look at it. It is quite puzzling and strange that it's not even pulled down any security patch for nearly 2 years let alone major firmware updates.
Samsung should be able to check your handset

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
Simplepondlife
Journeyman
Options
I hope its official 😁Screenshot_20220222-102440_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Simplepondlife
Journeyman
Options
I've phoned before and just keep getting told "it will upgrade eventually "
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Try Samsung Smart Switch for PC, connect the phone via USB. That can upgrade the phone if OTA isn't working. However, where and who did you buy your phone from? It may be a grey import which is why it's never upgraded via the usual method
Simplepondlife
Journeyman
Options
It was from Three (uk mobile carrier) I don't have a pc right now.
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
I'm thinking it's unlikely that you'll get an OTA update and that holding out for one you'll be waiting forever.
The Build Number in your screen shot refers to a firmware security patch update that was released in April 2020. The security patches are monthly releases, so in essence your handset hasn't actually updated these for the last 20 months, and during this time (according to the build schedules) your handset should have moved to A.11 / OneUI 3 in the 1st quarter of 2021, had a Number of security patches, and then received / be receiving the A.12 / OneUI 4 update anytime from Dec 2021 and have at least the Jan.2022 security patches, if not Feb.2022 patches.

I'd would consider speaking to 3 about it and tell them the above - that your device hasn't update for 20 months. Further to that, and as you have no access to a PC, then I'm thinking you may need to take your handset to a Samsung Experience centre that has a technical team and for them to assist in a firmware update.
Simplepondlife
Journeyman
Options
I borrowed a pc today but the smart switch app says it is up to date, is there any other way of updating it? I've spoken to Three and they blame Samsung but Samsung say it will come. Not sure what to believe
0 Likes
Solution
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
I think your best option is to take it into a Samsung Experience store and get them to have a quick look at it. It is quite puzzling and strange that it's not even pulled down any security patch for nearly 2 years let alone major firmware updates.
Samsung should be able to check your handset
Simplepondlife
Journeyman
Options
Thank you, it's a shame my nearest is about 100 miles away. Looks like a day out then 😁
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
You can go onto the 'Get Help' section of this app and 'arrange repair'. There's an option for device not updating. If you follow that through (just answer all questions that it's not working and you've tried everything it suggests) then it will give you to option to book a slot to take the device in.
0 Likes