Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s20+ SM-G985F/DS CSC change help

(Topic created on: 05-06-2021 06:23 PM)
Fizzman
First Poster
Options

My phone was originally TPA(panama).  I used the *#272*IEMI# code to pull up the preconfig and changed the CSC to TMS(Slovakia T-mobile).  This is not working well as the connection to the network is not stable.  I tried to use the same 272 code to pull up the menu again but it keeps saying "Connection problem or invalid MMI code".  I notice that the phone is connect to 4G but drops to H or E and that message appears.  It happens every time.  I tried to wipe cache and factory reset.  I tried to flash stock firmware from the correct CSC and from other CSC.  The flash is successful and the firmware shows in the Software info but CSC does not change and is stuck on TMS.  Help!

I am currently on Tmobile US network.  I just want to revert it back to TPA since it was better.

EDIT: im reading that android 10 allows for google phone to access these developer menus directly using code rather than running USSD code.  I think the USSD code execution and the network is my issue.  But i am having issue downgrading to android 10.  Keeps giving me bootloader check errors and kernel check errors.  I have tried rolling back to  the update just before the current update which is still android 11 but different binary. Please help on either issue. direct CSC or downgrading

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Looks like you'll need to send it to Samsung and pay them to fix it if the code no longer works
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You could laways use Samkey to change the CSC

0 Likes
Fizzman
First Poster
Options

Im not sure about samkey.  Nothing on the website shows anything about what samkey does except unlock.  When i downloaded the program and installed, it was wierd.  When i ran it, windows says theres a virus and blocks the program.  The exe disappears from the folder but virus notification disapears leaving no records of anything happened.

For the csc issue, it just find it wierd that the *#272* worked but now it doesnt.  I literraly changed it yesterday. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's a false positive with the AV. Read the website again, Sankey can unlock your device or change csc, the latter option needs fewer credits. I have used it successfully on my S21 Ultra.
0 Likes
Fizzman
First Poster
Options

read it again and did not see any mention of CSC.  also, i dont see my model listed as supported in any of the revision updates.

0 Likes