Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20+ slow 4G data speed

(Topic created on: 30-05-2020 06:03 PM)
HaK77
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have been using my phones S10+ and now S20+ for gaming on PC. I kbow that it's not ideal at all, but I have been able to do gaming just fine on my S10+. Now switched to S20+ I have noticed a significant speed drop and also latency has gone much worse. I still have both phones so I can compare. I even went and got and second sim from same operator to see exactly the difference on phones.

On my S10+ speed is up to 163Mbps download and 52Mbps upload. Ping 35ms and jitter 1ms.

S20+ download 71Mbps, upload 47Mbps, ping 40ms and jitter 18ms.

On gaming the difference can be clearly experienced. 

Anybody else have this same issue? Samsung customer service did not help at all.

24 REPLIES 24
Leeuk
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm on my second phone due to Vodafone showing 5g signal then not loading and having to wait for it to drop to 4g before connection starts again even at home when 5g is good. I have a Huawei 5g router that can get speeds up to 800mbs. Did speed test for my Samsung s20 plus when I can get 5g  fasted I've got is 220mbs and was getting around 140 on 4g, so definitely nothing to do with signal..i think it has something to do with the modem that is used compared to the snapdragon version of phone its basically terrible. Had the last 7 phones and this is by far the worst 

0 Likes
george_i
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have the same problem, on a S20 and it is really frustrating for such an expensive phone. Next time i will really consider changing to another brand. On 4G it is so slow that i cant really make even a live on fb or instagram. Sometimes it is completely stoping data, and i have to switch to flight mode and switch back to 4g again and then it works, but again really slow. I tried restarting several times and it doesnt help. I am very frustrated because i decided to buy a so expensive device exactly in order to avoid such issues, and here they are. I really hope that samsung will solve it quickly, or i never buy a samsung phone again. 

crippsy99
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

140 on 4G?? Wow!

Ive got the s10..only had it 4 months as it came down in price just before the s20 came out..im lucky to be able to reach 2mbps download on it!!! 

0 Likes
RachelCheng
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes, same i have this problem too... who can help me

RachelCheng
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Who already settle on it, pls tell me..

mrfixitrite58
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I purchase a Galaxy s20 plus in April I have now had 5 replacement s20 plus because of poor internet connection the insurance company doesn't get a clue that the phone is still good I sit side-by-side to my wife's phone which is LG Stylo it never has problems connecting to the internet or slow connection but my s20 Plus side by side will not connect or runs very slow when searching I see words but no pictures and lots of the time no internet connection everything that I have heard or read about the the s20 series for internet connection is very poor

0 Likes
Tpa3
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Is there a solution for the slow speed or should I request a different phone from my provider? I just got the S20 in June and the connection is terrible. 

0 Likes
Ronald07
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have the same problem for my s20 plus 5G in using my 4G/LTE network.. I am only getting around 10mbps. But from my previous phone S7 Edge I am gwtting 80mbps..

What is the fix for this?

0 Likes
Members_R3ruUw9
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Shortly got my new s20 fe 5g
my first experiences lte(4g) speed tests vs my old Sony XZ2
Samsung loses in all cases for 4g formats like lte and HSDPA
I hope it will give an upgrade to impruve the lte preformance

0 Likes
juju79
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have the same problem! how can it be resolved i have done everything, restarted, changed settings and still problem , next is to contact the official samsung team where I purchased my phone from.
0 Likes