Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20+ screen dims in sunlight

(Topic created on: 23/04/20 17:34)
snook123
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi, is it just me that my S20+ display goes dim when outside in the sunshine?

So I sit down outside, turn the phone on and the display is fine lovely and bright as you would expect, but after a few minutes the display dims to almost unreadable. Now I have tested this and its not me!! When you point the screen to the sun it does not brighten back up. While sat trying to read the screen it will intermettent go bright and dim again even if the sun has not gone in and I haven't moved the phone. Is anyone else having this issue?

47 REPLIES 47
Alex_2020
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thanks for the support.

I tried to use the "not good, money back" when I received the replacement, but as I wrote above - they simply did not get back to me. Ignored the ticked from the service center (that the new device has the same issue and the client wants a refund) and also never called me back after my call to the samsung support.

Should it happen in my home country in EU, I would probably turn to the consumer protection agency, but the whole story (from the purchase to repair and replacement) took place during a long trip to the UAE. Of course I still have the global 1 year warranty, so I will probably continue dialogue with samsung here (especially if it will overheat and dim even in my cool and mostly clouded country, not sure, have not tested it here yet). I may also contact samsung when I visit UAE again later this year. Will see how it goes.  Anyway samsung lost each and any credibility in my eyes.  

Sorell
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello guys.

Is anyone here that doesn't have this issue with their S20plus? I want to know if all of them are doing this as I still can return mine for a replacement as I love the phone. I really hope is a software issue that will be solved with future updates. Also, has anyone tried to heat up the phone but not in direct sunlight to see if is doing the same?

Camsimed
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

EVERY s20+ and ultra Exynos have this problem.

Samsung doesn't want to help us.

Please HARASS them.

Froniuss
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same Problem with S20 here in Germany, overheating all the time and Display dimming after minutes in the sun because of this, no change since the problem was recognised months ago, no update changed it yet. In my opinion it is also a health risk if the akku is getting warm like this up to 48-50C outdoors in summer all the time in the sun if i use it for min just because of the heating processor.

I paid 800€ for this phone, never had such main troubles with a phone. samsung does not inform or react. i would like to get my money back. Just to say if the phone didn´t have this problems i would be very happy with it!

0 Likes
DurocShark
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Adding a "Me Too" to this. 

What a load of *****. 

0 Likes
Camsimed
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hey SAMSUNG can we have help ?

Why nobody cares about us ?

0 Likes
Sorell
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
So after chatting Samsung for half of the day, this is the solution they found so we can report this. Come on guys, let's all report this issue on the Samsung Members app. Also, they say is important to report it 15 minutes after it happened, so let's put our phones in sun light.
0 Likes
Topi14
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Ok I had same problem with Samsung galaxy note 9 even recording videos, while running 4k camera on sun. Now I buy latest Samsung galaxy note 10 plus, Snapdragon version and I can notice when using phone on sun just few minutes brightness is going dimm and I can't even read display.

I am planning to buy Dji Drone Mavic air 2, so how I can possibly use this phone on sun?! No solution, maybe get different phone but no Samsung. This is crazy that their latest cpu can't run on direct sunlight?! 

0 Likes
Volantiana
Legend
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Guys, I found a solution!
Add one of your Apps into the Game Launcher》Start the App》Slide down your Notification Bar》click on the "Game Booster" Notification》(Menu opens)》Click on heat management》Turn on and off the option "Automatic heat management"

It should increase your display brightness immediately.
inactive due to medical reasons temporarily (or may never come back..)
Sorell
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hello guys. Some good news. After 4 error reports someone finally answered. I guess now we need to wait?
If you are experiencing the issue please send the error report from Samsung Members app.
0 Likes