Original topic:

S20 Random Restarts

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 01:36 PM)
JackIsaacs
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi All, 

Is anyone else experiencing random restarts with there S20. 

My keeps restarting randomly when i am in the middle of using it. 

Any ideas??

713 REPLIES 713
Conor98
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have the s20 Ultra and I'm having the same problem. Its infureating to say the least as its not a cheap phone.

I don't have many apps on it, mainly social media apps so that can't really be the issue. 

I'm worried that it will restart in the night and shut my alarms off 😒

0 Likes
mfasam
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Mine is S20 also restarts randomly while in use ... few times a day. very annoying.

0 Likes
Pptech
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
This is happening 10 times a day
GeorgeF
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello,

Same issue here, just received the phone yesterday, s20ultra 128 version. Only installed the same options I had on old phone (A7 2018). Never had a random reboot on the old one with the same apps.

What I noticed, this started after I switched to 120hz mode. Also, the phone seems to overheat w/o much intensive use sometimes, no games, no benchmarks, just checking apps and scrolling in the menu. Both random restarts happened for me when I opened the home and searched for installed apps (ironically both times I was looking for a samsung app). Already sent error reporting via samsung members.

This looks to be a general problem and I hope they patch it, it's the most expensive phone I've evered got and it's a shame to return it. You would expect a better quality for such a price range.

If 60hz solution works (no further resets) will let you know.

HaK77
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

One more device here. I have used S10+ for a year and I was really looking forward to have the new S20+. After 4 days of using I feel disappointed. So many restarts already and also some other freezes. Phone heats up a lot and battery drain is huge time to time. 4G speed and latency is worse than in my S10+. Luckily I still have my old phone so I can switch back to it if this does not get solved soon. Samsung should respond to this and make some convincing action plan on it. 

Romo92
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi,

I'm getting the same issue with my s20. I got the phone today and after 2 hours of use it restarted twice.  The first time I was using Snapchat and it froze for about 10 seconds and then restarted. 2nd time I was just watching YouTube videos. I had the motion smoothness settings on 120 hz. I don't know whether that could be whats causing the crashes but I hope they find a fix soon. I have reported the issue in the error log on Samsung members. 

0 Likes
B007
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Mine doing same ,took to Samsung repair shop and re flashed still doing random restarts. Come on Samsung we need an update fix

0 Likes
B007
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same here even went to repair shop and they refreshed software same result still random reboot

0 Likes
B007
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Same here even had it refreshed,and same fault.
0 Likes
Simona01pop
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello! I have the S20 4G and it does the same... Restarts randomly... Did anyone hear anything back from Samsung? I am using my old phone as an alarm clock

0 Likes