Original topic:

S20 Random Restarts

(Topic created on: 01/04/20 17:57)
JackIsaacs
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi All, 

Is anyone else experiencing random restarts with there S20. 

My keeps restarting randomly when i am in the middle of using it. 

Any ideas??

708 REPLIES 708
Hawary
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have the same issue
It become even worse it keep restarting 5 or 6 times per day
Gil1210
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've had the s20+ for 2 weeks, was an upgrade after having s9+ for 2 years, and everyday there's at least 2 restart. Which in turn messes up my mms/data settings and so therefore I can not send mms (such an expensive phone to not be able to do the basics) My phone gets really hot sometimes when not on charge or even in use!.. This has been really disappointing. 
-eMeM-
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The last update was installed on the 24 March and since that phone seems to work fine without any random restart and it's on Power mode option. I don't know what was helped but it's working for my phone, for now and hope so will be stay like that :smiling-face: 

Vishalkk12
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I am having the same issue with my S20+- UK verison -

I have changed my phone twice Through EE.

(First Phone Issues - Overheating, Battery draining rapidly - Crashing & Restarting Randomly)

(Second Phone Issue - Crashing & Restarting Randomly)

The crashing only started after the secuirty patch update - so I have not installed it and the phone hasnt restarted yet.

So I decided to change to Note 10 Plus - but after using the S20+ I have to say the Note+ is so slow compared to S20+. 

I really hope they sort out this issue, as i decided to stay with S20+ 

thumbnail_20200401_143550.jpg

0 Likes
Fisherjim
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Well following on from someone else's suggestion on here I downloaded the Microsoft Launcher from Google play store and replaced the native Samsung One UI launcher.

I don't like it so much as I am not yet used to the settings, however the phone has been stable for the last 24hrs with as yet no re-starts.

Of course it's early days and the phone has run for the odd day without re-starting before, but I will report back in a couple of days if this shows a long term improvement.

Obviously doesn't excuse the total lack of help, feedback or action from Samsung who at the moment I think are totally shameful with their abysmal service and communication about this fault!

skykit84
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I think you read my reply earlier - I have been running MS Launcher for a while now - ever since the first Beta and much prefer it to One UI just for the gestures and the amount of customising I can do.  Maybe one ui has caught up but still feels very noddy to me.

Will be interesting if the restarting happens now to you.  As mentioned, both units have refused to restart for me but both have been using the launcher.

I wish I had played about with the 20 Ultra before boxing it up to return otherwise I would have gone back to stock to try it out and see if it restarted or not

KaiMar
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I haven't been using an USB-Dongle for the last days and had no rebooting issues at all. 

For my S20 U it is related to the USB-DAC-Dongles.

0 Likes
TomPh
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Fisherjim It'll be interesting if the launcher shows promise. I look forward to hear if it helps. And I agree, feedback from Samsung has been quite shameful. My bet is they have more bugs than they care to admit and that's why there's no pattern. And perhaps why some people are sure its USB related while others never used the headphones and still has bugs. I think my take away is don't buy a new phone from Samsung. They will ship it with bugs and all and fix it later (if ever)

punkycloud
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Does a factory reset fix the restarting issue? - basically this is the last step i need to take before i either hope for a patch or send back to service provider for either a replacement or different phone. Factory rest is a hassle and if it doesn't fix the restarting issue i'm not going to do it.

Also anything people have done to limit amount of restarts that seems to have worked?

skykit84
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I think most with the issue have tried factory reset with the same results