Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20+ Fingerprint Sensor

(Topic created on: 12/04/20 11:05)
KeenyWeeny
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Having a lot of problems with the fingerprint sensor. Fails to recognise on first try. Often take 2, 3 or sometimes 4 attempts.

-same fingerprint enrolled 4 times, no difference.

-often prompts to cover the whole sensor despite the whole sensor being covered.

-tried clearing cache

-same issue occurs in safe mode

23 REPLIES 23
W0lf
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

If you have "Lift to wake" turned on, try disabling it and see if it makes a difference to your fingerprint performance. Some people on reddit say it makes a big difference. Also reset the fingerprints and set it up without pressing hard on the screen. I believe you can make it work, I have the S20 and im happy with the fingerprint.

Lamby100
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've switched from a s9+ To s20+ and the s20+ the fingerprint scanner was great on the s9+ and can't get to work on s20+ 😞
0 Likes
j3ff
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I was previously using s7 edge and the fingerprint sensor from that phone was great, I do not know how the fingerprint from S20+ got pass quality assurance and user experience, it was infuriating to use especially now some financial app do allow the use of fingerprint for access. I wonder who to blame on this piece of sh*t, the engineer that implemented this, the manager who forced on having this or the QA's who signed this off.  Btw, the camera from s7 edge was sharper compared to s20+, it might not have the resolution to match but it was definitely sharper.

0 Likes
CHERRYpye
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have reset my finger prints 3 x and my face twice and neither works. It keeps telling me to press harder. It just can't get my fingerprints and I do have fingerprints. And a face!

0 Likes