Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringtone automatically goes low

(Topic created on: 11-01-2023 07:23 PM)
Tony-h94
Explorer
Options
Hi, I have started to notice over the last few weeks that my ringtone volume somehow goes to its lowest setting automatically whenever it decides to. I haven't yet noticed if this happens after a trigger I.e connect to Bluetooth or after a call etc. 

This is getting annoying now as I am missing calls due to not hearing the ringtone. 

Has anybody got any solutions to this? 

Thanks in advance 
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
DaveNewco
Journeyman
Options
Could be worth checking if you have it in a case that it is not pressing down on volume down by itself or with slight pressure as if not using phone at time will lower ring tone as initial audio source. Or check not got anything else in pocket that is pressing on it reducing it other check is playing a video turn vol up and remove finger and see if vol auto lowers ie button jammed in on vol down.
0 Likes
Tony-h94
Explorer
Options
Cheers dave, I'm quite certain it isnt the case that's causing this. When I checked on members firstly, there was another post that sounded similar the issue I'm having.
Seems very strange but annoying
0 Likes
Max192
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issue with my s20, sometimes the ringtone volume is on max, and other times it is on the lowest level and I can barely hear it and constantly miss phone calls because of it. 

Did you find anything that solved it for you? 

0 Likes
Tony-h94
Explorer
Options
Hi max, mine was doing the same as yours, I haven't noticed it happen for a while now so it may have been a bug, I'm not too sure! Sorry I can't be of any help!!
0 Likes
Fishcom
First Poster
Options
Mine does the same, but only if connected to the Bluetooth in my truck: doesn't happen at any other time. It rings once or twice, then the phone's ringtone volume reduces to zero. The vehicle rings fine, but it means that every time I take the phone out of the truck, I have to turn the ring volume back up. Missed two important calls today because I forgot to do this last night...
Tony-h94
Explorer
Options
I haven't noticed it do this as much recently, but it seems that I'm not the only one that has noticed this
0 Likes
Cap S
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing the exact same problem on my SO's Galaxy S22, but not on my S20 FE. Our car is a Toyota if that means anything.

0 Likes
66LUX
Student
Options

I saw this post while trying to solve this problem on my own phone (Galaxy S23).

In my case, it turned out to be gesture controls.

Under Settings->Advanced Features->Motions and gestures, there is "Mute with gestures".

Having this enabled made my phone go silent if it was in my pocket while I was moving, so I had to disable it.

0 Likes
Tony-h94
Explorer
Options
I will have a look at that thank you. It still does it every now and again but not as much
0 Likes