Galaxy S20 Series
Another thread to continue the old one as it was getting too full 
0 Likes
133 REPLIES 133
AshS20
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
@fiona26 will write out the process again it will not work without Facebook messenger but it may work with another 3rd party sms app, so you need to turn rich communications off in the settings, download Google messenger app and other 3rd party sms app (instead of Facebook messenger) you open Google messages let chats fail, then switch it off in Google messenger, set the 3rd party app as a default app, delete Google messages, set the default app back to samsung and then delete Google messages, it should work then on your partners phone
0 Likes
Fiona26
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Ok, I'll give it a go. Thanks
AshS20
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
your welcome just use something else instead of Facebook messenger, and as for my iPhone comment, I agree I have had them for years but prefer samsung too much to leave and also I don't know when you left iphone but I had an 11 pro and the bugs were terrible mainly with text notifications and ringer volume. let me know if that works for you 👍
0 Likes
Fiona26
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Ok, its connected again. Its not the app I want to use would prefer Samsung messages. I'm not going to try as yesterday it stopped verifying my number again when I set samsung messages as default. When it first stopped working I was using samsung messages, after my partner has updated to one ui 3.0 his samsung chat features isn't working but Google is. so maybe it is the update or samsung messages needs a fix and could be messing up googles. I don't know but I'm leaving it as google for now. It works.. how long for I don't know.

Screenshot_20210218-150655_Messages_6945.jpg

0 Likes
AshS20
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
ah ok glad you could get it going, I will have to give up again as I need samsung messages for my watch and I am too scared if it fails that it will do that thing again where you don't receive texts, let me know how it goes hopefully it will stay for you 👍
0 Likes
Fiona26
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
That's just it. You want the Samsung messages app to work with chat features. I also have an active 2 and the s7+ which google won't work with. I do get the messages on watch but samsung messages works better with the watch. Whole point of an ecosystem.
0 Likes
AshS20
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
yea exactly I am too scared to mess now as I got mega annoyed when my partners messages wouldn't come like what happened with you so I think until I stop seeing cases on here I am just going to leave it switched off, do let me know how it goes on for you tho
0 Likes
Fiona26
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I will do.
Fiona26
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
samsung got back to my error report. Its a shame this wasn't the 1st reply I got before changing my phone number. 🤨

SmartSelect_20210218-173215_Samsung Members_6946.jpg

0 Likes