Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

"Connect to wifi to make a call" - Wifi Calling Issue meanwhile I am connected on WiFi and online.

(Topic created on: 09/03/21 02:14)
Lestatou
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

After the latest Android update my Wifi calling stopped working despite being ON. My phone simply refused to make calls through WI-fi. Signal at my home is terrible so all the calls are going straight to voicemail. A day before the update I had no problem with WiFi calling and then the next day my phone refused to make WiFi calls. After I downloaded the App Samsung band selection that allows you to make calls using only WiFi and deactivating cellular signal, on my first call I was prompt with the message "connect to WiFi to make a call" of course I was connected to a functioning WiFi at my home. I changed the band to 2.4 from 5 and still same message. I used friends WiFi etc and still same message. Somehow my phone despite being connected on WiFi with properly functioning internet when you attempt to make a call doesn't recognize that the phone is already connected to WiFi. Any ideas? HELP!!!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Calling Over Wi-Fi is usually a Network Driven feature so it may also be beneficial to speak with one of their customer services agents.

I've seen recent posts where Calling Over Wi-Fi has stopped or glitched after an update and there are troubleshooting in those threads so a forum search may yield further help.

I think someone said they removed their sim card and re inserted it which helped.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes