27-12-2020 03:00 PM in
12-01-2021 09:04 AM in
Thank the lord its not just my phone, contacted my network 3 a few times, Samsung didnt help, got new sim, no change but just by trial and error did the 2g/3g etc before reading this and it worked but every time i didnt have wifi i had to do it all again and hadnt really realised that switching to 2g/3g etc was fixing the problem, i thought it was just randomly coming back on lol. So happy i found this page as its put my mind at ease now. Thanks
13-01-2021 10:03 AM in
As I just purchased the s20FE, and this is an issue that Samsung are aware I am inclined to return the phone and get my money back. They don't appear to want to resolve the issue. I only purchased this army s7 edge started giving me problems. However , thank you, your solution works but I am not happy to go through that each time I use wifi then come off it.
13-01-2021 03:54 PM - last edited 13-01-2021 03:58 PM
I solved the problem definitely, without the necessity of changing between 3G, 4G, etc, just doing simple steps:
1) Take your SIM card and put it on a telephone where the mobile network works normally.
2) Go to settings -> mobile networks -> access point name
3) Open one of them, and take a screenshot or just write on a paper the settings and values.
4) Now, in your galaxy S20 FE, put your SIM card at slot sim1, normally, and go to settings -> mobile networks -> access point name. Erase any access point configuration that you might have there.
5) After it, just create a new one and insert the same configuration that you took note of before in step 3, and save it.
6) Now you are able to see this new entry that you created. Just select it and now it should work.
P.S.: In my case, I just let my configuration in 4G/3G/2G automatically, and it worked normally with 4G.
P.S. 2: I already tried all the other steps mentioned in the original post and it didn't work.
Since this solution is the most simple and seems to work in definitive, I would like to know if someone already tried it and it also worked. I hope it helps you.
13-01-2021 05:04 PM in
Thank you so much, this seems to be a temporary fix.
I had to send my phone to Samsung last week because of this, they sent it back today - not fixed!
What a waste of time.
I contacted them about it and they said a patch will be released, at some point. How helpful...!
13-01-2021 05:46 PM in
The good thing is that this solution that I posted is very simple, and you have to do it once, and after that, you will be OK.
Moreover, it seems to be necessary just when the phone does not do the automatic configuration for your SIM card at the beginning (when you are setting your phone for the first time).
I have two Samsung S20 FE here at my home, and one of them did this automatically when I inserted my SIM card in the first configuration setup of the phone. Theoretically, it should be enough without any new patch from Samsung.