Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI Beta

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 04:01 PM)
Thurgood88
Explorer
Options
Is it just me or is the Samsung approach to Beta access very limited and poor compared to other Manufacturers. Surely as a tech super power, you'll be able to include your customers in testing new and upcoming software versions. The members app registration is awful from a consumer level.

Anyone else agree?
9 REPLIES 9
Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
Did you tried it?
or did some tests?
0 Likes
Thurgood88
Explorer
Options
I haven't had the option to Join. It's frustrating as I take my technology seriously but don't get chance to try out the new updates.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Must say I had no problem getting on the beta with my Note10+ - only had an issue with the Wear app which was updated soon after
I think the Beta was only available to unlocked ( ie non carrier specific ) phones which I can understand as some of the carriers put some of their own software on the phones they sell and could see that being a nightmare for Samsung to try and include all variants in Beta software
0 Likes
Thurgood88
Explorer
Options
my handset is an unlocked variant but still no joy
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Not sure if you mean you still looking to join the Beta ? which finished a month or so ago - they have been and are continuing in rolling out the final version Depends what model of phone you have as to when it will be out if you not already got it
0 Likes
Thurgood88
Explorer
Options
my post is referring to the overall experience accessing the beta, it's not as good as other companies, there's a lot of room for improvement
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - must admit for me it was fine
Have previously been on Apple Betas and have to say been a fairly similar experience with both Samsung and Apple - guess it prob varies for people depending on their circumstance
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
joining beta on your personal phone is not advised I really can't get my head around why people want to join it beta is mainly for developers etc and it's bug central litrally had a phone brick it's self from a beta update nothing I could do because I accepted the terms and conditions.
0 Likes
tonyfreitas
Explorer
Options
Dose anybody know how I can join the beta program on a samsung a52s 5g
0 Likes