Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Microphone issues

(Topic created on: 25-09-2021 06:58 PM)
Diggermick
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello I have the Samsung Galaxy S20 3 months into using it I have come up with an issue when I make a phone call call person on the other side cannot hear me properly to resolve this issue I have been able to touch the loudspeaker icon on the front of the phone phone in the conversation and revert back to normal this seems to to work on the call it does not happen on every call but quite regular has anyone come across this problem with their S20

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

You could be experiencing mast issues from your network which can cause phone call issues @Diggermick 

Check any relevant network mast checker that your network provides or does this happen everywhere  ?

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and another sim card in your phone.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.

0 Likes
Allymcg1893
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My partner and I both have this issue, both of us have galaxy s20+. It can happen when one of us is driving and the other has to go to loudspeaker and back off usually works for about 20ish seconds. It also happens when just on the phone not using hands free. Has anyone got a permanent solution? 

0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Turn off VoLTE, Settings - Connections - Mobile Networks - VoLTE Calls SIM 1 - OFF

Hope that helps. 

0 Likes
Diggermick
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thank you for your suggestion in this situation everything was already turned off so I'm still stuck with the problem

0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
oh right.

have you tried restoring the phones software back to factory settings ? sounds more like a software glitch to be honest
0 Likes
Makis6
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have bought a new phone for my wife however we are experiencing a big problem. I bought the samsung A72 on the 18th of Sep 2021 in Switzerland, Geneva. The problem: Every time we do a video call either via messenger app or viber app, the other people do not hear us well. The sound has some "gaps". This only happens when the microphone is used in loundspeaker mode e.g. when doing a video call using messenger app but does not happen when we speak on a regular cell call. I read online other people have the same issue. Is this a known issue? We have tried to re-install the apps and to reboot but no luck.

0 Likes