Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low battery

(Topic created on: 10-05-2021 11:23 AM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
When I get low battery 15% I get the brief notification light up on the outside of the screen like you get with messages etc saying low battery, is there anyway of stopping this, have dived into notifications settings and it's all greyed out, I have tried to remove it from the brief notification list but can't find it, it's well annoying as you think you have got something but its just low battery.
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
When it reaches 15%, you will quite rapidly lose all power to the phone. Consequently, you might find that within a couple of minutes during a call, the phone will terminate the call whilst the phone shuts down. As far as I'm aware, there is no way to stop this notification (for obvious reasons). My best advice to you is to always carry a fully-charged powerbank and USB cord, and if your phone is capable of wireless charging, invest in a wireless charger if you own a car. You can buy one from the likes of Halfords for around £15-20. That way, you need never have to worry about critical issues with low battery power.
George1988
Voyager
Options
Hi AshS20.
My advice for you is to always change your phone when it reaches at least 25% even 30% because it will prolong the life of your phone battery. Also charge it till 85% (for the same exact reason).
Hope my answer helps.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AshtabS9Ultra  As others have said it in my view it is very worthwhile to have the low battery notification, will drain quickly once the charge drops to 15%.   I think @George1988 's advice  is sound and think certainly best if you at least charge once it  reaches 20%.   See some detail here https://www.androidauthority.com/maximize-battery-life 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Thanks for the advice guys I will do this in future 👍
Doug4
Student
Options

George,

Is there any way to set up alerts on S20 for the 25% lower and 85% upper limits?  Too bad we can't just set it to stop charging to 85% unless overridden.  

0 Likes
George1988
Voyager
Options
I don't think so, or at least such option in my phone (A 42 5G) does not exist
Doug4
Student
Options

Naturally, there's an app for that.... "Battery Alarm" for user-defined lower and upper limits, claims no ads.  Testing it now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=simple.batttery.alarm&hl=en_US&gl=US

George1988
Voyager
Options
Yes, of course there would be apps for whatever you might think of, but be careful not to mess up your phone. Good night
0 Likes
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

Can you try the following?

1. Enter settings

2. Choose Notifications

3. Go to Recently Sent and click More

4.  Click on the search button top right and search for device care - it will show no results

5. Click filter Most Recent and select -> All

6. You will get now Device Care and Device Health Services

I`d guess it`s one of them :smiling-face: Test by turning them off and let us know how it worked if it did or not.

0 Likes