Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Intermittent Internet disconnections

(Topic created on: 13/09/20 04:48)
Huz
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I had an s8 a few days ago which had intermittent internet connection problems. I thought it was the phone itself because I had it for a few years therefore I upgraded to an S20. However, I am still experiencing problems with the phones WiFi. The WiFi suddenly stops working (even though all my other devices are still connected to the internet) and reconnects again 15-20mins later. I'm not sure if this is a phone issue or a internet provider problem. Can someone please help me?
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

If this is only affecting the connection between your phone and home broadband router WiFi connection then try forgetting the network and re connect @Huz 

Does your phone connect OK with other sources of WiFi i.e friends and family members home broadband or coffee shops ?

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Huz
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have tried forgetting the network and reconnecting several times but no luck.
My phones WiFi works fine at my friend's & other relatives houses, it's just my house where the problem occurs
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Perhaps try splitting the frequencies in your home broadband router to 2.4ghz and 5ghz and then choose one and then the other when connecting via your phone as some devices prefer one over the other.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes