Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of secure folder locked notification permanently?

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 09:25 AM)
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

After the August update, when I reboot my phone, it shows a persistent notification "Secure Folder locked" under Android system section...the only way to make it go is to unlock my secure folder.

I don't want to uninstall Secure Folder, just looking for an one time solution to get rid of that pesky notification. TIA

182 REPLIES 182
zorba1118
Apprentice
Options

No option to uninstall the Secure Folder. This is my last Samsung phone --- no recognizable tech support. 

0 Likes
Jimmy31
Student
Options

Thanks. Worked for me too

0 Likes
Jimmy31
Student
Options

See post above from LMcG. It works.

0 Likes
Red2379
Journeyman
Options

To be clear,  this thread was started for those that want to keep the Secure Folder app.

The problem started last summer.  When you turn on your phone or restart, a notification appears

asking you to sign in to the secure folder app even though you are not trying to access it.

The notification stays in your drop down menu until you sign in.  So every morning you need to sign in to the app or look at a notification all day. Its an annoyance that you would think Samsung could easily remedy...but they are not.

ve to sign in to the app everytime they turn on their phone

Red2379
Journeyman
Options

That post says to uninstall the secure folder app. We want to continue to use he app just not get a log in notification every startup 

AllenChicago
Explorer
Options

I did what the person above you did, about 7 weeks ago.  I simply deleted the Secure Folder, since I never used it anyway.  Problem solved. 

And the latest big "UI 5.1" Samsung update didn't reinstall it either.

-Allen in Chicago

Crowd-Sourced Solutions Are One of the Biggest Pluses of the Cyberspace Era.
0 Likes
spinkick
Apprentice
Options

Is anyone actually suprised that when they delete the secure folder that the notification goes away for it? This is not what this thread is about, nor is it a "fix". Its like taking your car to get a noise in the engine fixed, so instead you just get rid of the car.. Well yeah.....

What is the fix for those of us that use secure folder? Have an alert that lets the world know that it is in use and it exists? Sounds really legit.

Leggir
Journeyman
Options

Don't reboot your phone every day and you won't be bugged to unlock the secure folder. I reboot perhaps once per week and it's really not a problem. 

Leggir
Journeyman
Options

-

0 Likes
spinkick
Apprentice
Options

Who says folks are rebooting every day? it should not be an issue if you reboot once a month or once a day. That's not a fix.