Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 FE heating issue

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 12:05 AM)
GalaxyS20FE
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I bought Galaxy S20 FE 4G today. The phone seems to be heating up a lot during charging and while  setting up with Google account and downloading all the apps.  Is this a normal behaviour of the processor?  Observing this heating issue while downloading an app from playstore.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw a lot of responses to my post and really feel sorry for those who shelled money to buy this ***** handset. In fact i swear i will never buy a Samsung smartphone. Their after sales service is pathetic. I posted in FB community and someone responded and asked me few questions, provided suggestions to restart phone in safe mode and share the screen shot. After a few days, the response dried up and finally stopped. Long story short i sold the handset and bought iPhone 11. Utterly pleased I am back with Apple as a redemption to the mistake committed to try out Android.  Samsung should hang their head in shame on this handset. 

35 REPLIES 35
hp2004
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
could just be an issue with a lot of programs downloading at once, or the phone is not optimised yet, I'm not an expert though and I have a Note 9 but that could be an explanation
bluace
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
hi I have the 5g snapdragon version which I got today I have no issues you have the exynos version with what I read about that processor especially with the note 20 ultra ppl have had issues with heating and battery drain hence I went for the sd version. keep an eye on it see how it goes and the battery also if it carries on send it back, sorry I couldn't be more help.
Maroš
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
during download with charger plugged in is normal
0 Likes
roastedwookie
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The 4G model has the Exynos chipset, which has heating problems. Nothing you can do about it.

0 Likes
JustMeKS
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I had this issue setting up the phone as well, the back top of the phone was hot. It burnt through 12% battery in 30 mins, (started at a fully charged phone, downloading a lot). I have the 5g snapdragon version.

0 Likes
S20fesd865-cali
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have had similar over heating issues with my new Samsung Galaxy s20 FE as well. Mine is a snapdragon 865 5g version. 

Overheating when I do mundane tasks like scrolling on instagram. Albeit after continuous use. 

Reached out to customer care and they said it could be a problem with my particular batch. I am hoping I can get a replacement. 

MF94
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi! Just a question are you from EU or USA or u UAE? Some parts of the world are getting an s20 fe with a vapor cooling chamber inside the phone and others are getting graphite pad only which cannot act as a reliable coolant for the motherboard.

srmrocks
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Received my S20FE today, the device is getting very hot at the top, camera area being most hit. this is certainly while getting everything setting up and charging at same time. But the heating has not reduced for almost 2 hours. mine is Exynos 990, 8GB, 128GB variant. will monitor this issue. Did you guys find any solution. Thanks!

GalaxyS20FE
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Pretty bad after sales service. No solution was provided. made a mistake to buy this handset. Waiting to move back to apple