Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Duplicate Photos in S20 Gallery

(Topic created on: 05-03-2020 05:00 PM)
Brewman2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I just moved everything over from my S7 edge to my new S20 and now I have duplicate photos on almost all items in the gallery.  I saw some other threads on how to fix the issue however it doesn't work on the S20.  I need help removing the thousands of duplicates.  Please advise.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
@Brewman2: What method did you use to transfer over your photos? If you open the Gallery app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Sync with Samsung Cloud, and disable this option, does this remove the duplicates?
0 Likes
Brewman2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I used Smart Switch.  Under Gallery settings, Cloud sync was already turned off.  Still have all the duplicates.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Were the images stored in the internal memory of the S7 Edge, or were they on an SD card? If the latter is applicable, have you since moved the SD card to your S20? If not, can you try going to Settings > Apps > Calendar > Storage > Clear Cache to see if this helps?
0 Likes
Brewman2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Images were stored on internal memory.  Trying to clear the Cache - the cache is currently at 0. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
@Brewman2: In all the excitement I've overlooked the fact we're talking about a phone that hasn't been released yet. Where are you based, and where did you purchase the S20?
0 Likes
Brewman2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I received the S20 a few days ago.  I'm in the United States.

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Brewman2 wrote:

I received the S20 a few days ago.  I'm in the United States.

Lol you are in the wrong place.  This is the European Samsung community and we are still waiting for our phones.  Try https://us.community.samsung.com/ .

Hope you get it sorted!

0 Likes
Brewman2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Don't know what that matters.  I have a S20 and the photos are duplicated. I would think you will have the same problem once you get your phones. 

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Brewman2 wrote:

Don't know what that matters.  I have a S20 and the photos are duplicated. I would think you will have the same problem once you get your phones. 

It matters only in as much as until the UK etc gets the phones next week no one here can really help.  As its out in the US now your community may be seeing this.

Just trying to help!